1) What’s power bank?
Power bank serve as an ‘extra battery’ or external charger for your phone or other electronic devices.
2) Where is power bank made from?
Majority of the power banks in the market are actually made in China.
3) How do I charge the power bank?
You can charge your power bank via the charger that came with your phone, computer usb port or using other power bank
4) How long do I need to charge the power bank?
It’s depending on the REAL CAPACITY of the power bank. The larger REAL CAPACITY, the longer charging time may required. Different charging methods may result different charging time as well. Charging with the original charger will be faster than charging with computer usb port.
5) Why sometimes I need a longer time to charge the same power bank?
Even though using the same charging method, the charging time may be differ due to environment,temperature, power flow and etc
6) What is mAh?
mAh mean milliAmpere Hour, the capacity of the power bank is measure with mAh
7) A 12000mAh REAL CAPACITY power bank, able to charge a 1500mAh capacity phone for 8 times full?
This is a common mistake make by most of the people. For rough calculation of the total charge time, kindly use this formula
REAL CAPACITY * conversion rate * phone battery health / phone capacity = total charge times
EXAMPLE: 12000 x 0.8 x 0.8 / 1500 = 5.12 charge times (0.5-1 times plus minus)
8) What’s conversation rate?
Conversation rate is the remaining percentage of the battery after the battery lost in heat or PCB operation.
9) What’s phone battery health?
In simple, it’s mean how ‘healthy’ your phone battery is. Phone battery storage capacity will be lower and lower. That’s also the reason why our phone can last longer when it’s newly bought than after 3-6 months we used it. Different mobile phone models also will affect the calculation as some phone drain battery faster than the other.
10) What’s PCB?
PCB means Printed Circuit Board,its control all the operation flow inside the power bank. A good quality PCB will allow the power bank to charge more and have better durability
11) What’s 18650 power bank and what’s Li-Polymer power bank?
The common type will be 18650 and a better type will be Li-Polymer
12) What’s the different between 18650 and Li-Polymer?
– 18650 size and dimension are fix. Li-Polymer size and dimension are flexible.
– 18650 produce more heat. Li-Polymer are much more safer
– 18650 are cheaper. Li-Polymer are more expensive
– 18650 have higher self discharge rate.Li-Polymer have a very low self discharge rate
– 18650 battery durability will drop faster. Li-Polymer battery capacity are more durable
13) What’s the common mAh use in 18650?
Common mAh use in 18650 is around 1300mAh to 2200mAh.
14) What’s the common REAL CAPACITY in 18650 power bank in the market?
– Power bank using 1pcs 18650 is 1200mAh – 2600mAh
– Power bank using 2pcs 18650 is 2500mAh – 4400mAh
– Power bank using 3pcs 18650 is 3750mAh – 6600mAh
– Power bank using 4pcs 18650 is 5200mAh – 8800mAh
– Power bank using 5pcs 18650 is 6500mAh –11000mAh
– Power bank using 6pcs 18650 is 7800mAh –13200mAh
– Power bank using 7pcs 18650 (no info)
– Power bank using 8pcs 18650 is 10400mAh –14400mAh
15) Is there any power bank use higher than 2200mAh per 18650?
Yes. There are, but it’s not common due to the expensive pricing.
So BEWARE of claims of high capacity power banks at very low prices
16) What’s the different between Powerseed branded power bank and generic power bank?
Powerseed branded power bank sells you REAL CAPACITY. Generic power bank mostly sell in MARKETING CAPACITY. That’s the reason why you will never see any Powerseed branded power bank (standard size) have anything with a VERY HIGH CAPACITY at a VERY LOW PRICE , its just simple economics.
That’s also the reason why a good Powerseed 2200 or 2400mAh model power bank is able to charge more or about the same as the marketed 3000-3200mAh power bank sold by other brands.
17) Is it true Powerseed branded power banks won’t explode and generic power bank will explode?
Anything to do with a battery, will have a chance to explode. No matter if it’s a Powerseed branded power bank or a generic power bank. Chances for a Powerseed branded power bank to explode are near to 0%. With extremely high manufacturing standards under iSO 9001 and 14001, quality and safety are Powerseed’s top priority .
Some generic power banks have been know to explode because of POOR BATTERY QUALITY & INEFFICIENT CIRCUIT DESIGN.
Circuit design plays a vital role to ensure that a power bank can function properly.Batteries are the most expensive material in a power bank. For power banks, most commonly used batteries are Lithium-ion batteries and Lithium-Polymer batteries.
In order to reduce cost, many brands opt to go for the cheaper Lithium-ion batteries. However, many small brands use counterfeit/recycled batteries in their power banks. While this enables them to supply power banks at a very low price, these power banks carry severe safety risk.
A good circuit design also allows the power bank to be well equipped with multiple circuit protections such as high temperature, overvoltage as well as short circuit.
Generic power banks have been know to explode catch on fire and even burn up your phone or tablet. because of their poor manufacturing quality and standards. This is one of the reasons airlines are now taking extra measure when its comes to lithium-ion batteries and devices that contain them.